About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Friday, March 18, 2011

The Truth Comes Out



London and I met in Brooklyn for a Jeff Buckley Tribute at The Knitting Factory. It started like every other date we have had. We laughed, shared music, and acted like teenagers who are too shy to admit a crush. I backed off and just viewed him as a friend after the night he left me for the two men at Rose Bar. I have blogged that I could just not figure him out!

So after 3 double gin and sodas we were borderline wasted and over the concert. We ran out of the bar with our drinks and laughed as we walked arm and arm to Williamsburg. He took me on a sort of pub crawl landing at a dark booth for some prosecco. This is where the truth came out....

He started out by telling me that he could sense I have more to my story. I am a very complex woman and try to hide all of the pain from my past relationships, but men do pick up on it. I was talking in circles trying to avoid getting into any details, when he kissed me. At first I was shocked, then embraced the moment, then went into shock again. This was our second kiss, but first kiss since Rose Bar. He looked at me and said "I have been waiting for so long to do that." I wanted to blurt out "You like me? you really like me!" I let my massive buzz do the talking and grilled him on choosing to go home with men? He told me that he went to an after party with them and then went home. He then continued to share his feelings and attraction for me. The prosecco started swimming around my head and he suggested going back to his place. I wouldn't have been able to direct myself out of Brooklyn anyway, so thought it as the convenient solution.

We ended up kissing and cuddling while he continued to share his thoughts about me and this relationship. He referenced a lot of future trips and opportunities for us before it hit me. He was just a really proper, sweet guy, who looks for relationships! Here I was judging him for not making a move, dating all over the place, losing my expectations while he was simply building his. I felt guilty for not realizing this and the possibility that he could really be falling for me. There are so many things that I like about him, but can he handle me? The dynamic is shifting from friends to lovers. I am not sure I can handle that.

*Aries*

No comments:

Post a Comment