About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tall Drink of Water


A certain Thompson LES owner made a beeline for me & my Swede friend last night while we were dining with friends at his hotel. He sat down, ordered a few rounds of "Top Chef" curry chicken & proceeded to name-drop like only a hotel owner can. I did my best to seem impressed (after all, MGMT is there in two weeks...)

He made a point of asking whether I was Swedish before telling me he exclusively dates Swedish girls. I assured him I was not. A couple bites of chicken (his) and a few polite laughs (mine) later, he stood to leave.

"You could totally pass for Swedish" he leaned down to whisper in my ear as he stood. "I have a thing for tall blondes," he winked as if he hadn't told me this several times before.

"Us tall blondes just love being reduced to our most obvious physical characteristics," I teased, "You must do well with that line."

Needless to say, he gave me his card. Guys like that crave a bit of sass.

Looks like I'm going to be poolside at the LES tomorrow! Couldn't have come at a better time, honestly. I'm losing my California color.

*scorpio*

No comments:

Post a Comment