About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Home Is Where the Heart Is


I flew home completely exhausted after a full week of going out every night. In my opinion, there is no better place to spend the 4th of July than in the south.

It had been about 7 months since I had last been home and I was determined to soak in as much sun and saltwater as possible. What I did not expect was a text from my first love/boyfriend asking to see me. We dated for over two years and have continued to hook up every now and then for the past three years. I met him for breakfast and beach time the next morning. He was even sexier than I remembered. I grew up on the beach, so surfer boys still get under my skin. I love driving down the beach roads and seeing flocks of shirtless, tan, buff surfer boys riding bikes or walking with boards. They carry a certain look that unfortunately comes with a slacker personality.

Anyways, I found myself staring at my ex as he caught wave after wave. He dove off the board, which I expected to go flying, but instead he surfaced with his long, tan, arm glistening out of the water with a tight grip on the board. I wanted to jump him the entire morning, but it didn't seem right. We have an unconditional love and respect for each other, but our lives and expectations could not be more different. Still, he is a man. I always feel protected and soft when I am around him. I always go back to an 18 year old girl who was completely in love.

For a moment I thought of what my life would be like if I never left the south. I would have never owned a pair of Jimmy Choos or Christian Louboutin, but maybe the love and security with a genuine man would be worth it?

Too late now!

*Aries*

No comments:

Post a Comment