About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Ex Files

I was happily walking up 6th Avenue after leaving brunch with Scorpio and had just crossed Houston. As I walked by the basketball courts on the corner of Houston and 6th, my ex Eli pops off of a park bench seated next to his blonde friend that Scorpio and I met at his 30th birthday party the night before. At the time we assumed she was a friend/event photographer, because he ignored her when we were around as he tried to charm us with flattery. It is no surprise that I randomly run into him after I just saw the pair hours before as fate loves fucking with me. We had the typical awkward small talk as the blonde glared at me from behind her slightly mirrored Rayban aviators. I walk away smiling because it had already been a strange day, when no more than 5 blocks later I get a call from Eli...
A: "Yes, you do know I just saw you?"
E: "You didn't say Congratulations"
A: "Congratulations? For what?"
E: "I just proposed to (the blonde-whom also shares my name?) in Central Park"
A: "I didn't even know she was your girlfriend since you never introduced her, but congratulations!"
E: "You didn't get to see the ring I gave her."
A: "No, because you didn't tell me she was your fiance when I was standing right in front of you 2 minutes ago!"

This could be normal if it had been a while since I had seen him, but the detail I neglected to mention was that in late March, Eli was sitting with me in the Jane hotel asking to get back together with me and asking why we couldn't get married. His 30th birthday took place in late April...I will let the reader do the math on this one.

*aries*

No comments:

Post a Comment