About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Oh, No He Didn't!


I was curled up with Jason when I heard my phone buzz at 5 AM. An unknown number flashed the line, "You keep me up at night." I figured it was Stuart, the 45 year old I left a few weeks ago, and forgot about it.

Today at the office, I get a gchat, from my old boyfriend ...

"Did you get my text?"

I burst out laughing. This guy totally humiliated me exactly one month ago, leaving me sobbing on my bedroom floor. He asked me to be his girlfriend over New Year's and then slept with someone else not three hours later (while I was at the hospital for my first Domestic Violence case). Class all the way, this one.

Still, I decided to see what he wanted, if only for posterity's sake. He said that the girl he cheated on me with was not doing it for him anymore. "It's not butterflies & fireworks," he lamented.

I replied, "You're going to have to stop comparing them to me - you've been doing it for six years and it's not leading to happiness for you. Every relationship is different."

"So now you're giving me relationship advice? You're pushing me away??"

"You're coming to me with a problem, and I want you to be happy," I responded, emotionless.

He then said that he wanted me back and that no one is like me, and what we had was special... blah, blah, blah. I rolled my eyes. Men never figure it out until it's too late, don't they?

"Tell me, are you still dating her?"

"Well, yes, technically... but I'm distancing myself."

"Wow, poor girl..." I sighed. He's such a raging asshole, I feel bad for her.

"Oh, please!" He responded. That made me snap - how could he feel no guilt??

"Oh please?!" I typed, "You have no integrity, no backbone and no balls. You are hedging your bets with me while keeping her on the back burner? Gross, dude. I grew up a long time ago, I suggest you do the same."

And with that, I signed off.

I told you my New Year's resolution was to stand up for myself.

Damn, that felt good.

*scorpio*

No comments:

Post a Comment