About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Love Game



Aries & I spent Saturday evening toasting our new color (ice-white blonde for me, champagne highlights for her), and my amazing new nOir studded bracelet(courtesy of Vie Society!). I debuted the bracelet with an Iosselliani necklace wrapped around the wrist, an eggplant purple ruched AWang dress, and my most comfortable Giambattista Valli patent platforms. We started with Prosecco at Da Silvano, and then got an invite from our favorite NY Brit to join him & his friends at SoHo House. We curled up on the couches and gabbed for hours. (Update on the too-generous man & his out-of-work actress lover: She went running once he cut off the card... Shocker.)

His sad story got me thinking about love in this town... It seems that the old adage is true: playing hard to get is the only game in town. Le Sigh.

But I can't be too dramatic, as I am guilty of this cliche as well. In looking at my love life, there are two men who seem to be convinced that I am the girl for them. They call when they should (and sometimes when they shouldn't) and do incredibly sweet (and slightly nauseating) things like come over to help me paint my apartment & wait for me for a half hour while I wait on a CL find to come pick up my couch. One gets really happy when he hears my voice... and makes it well known how excited he is to hear from me. The other tells me that he thinks about me when I am not around. Both of them use the world 'cuddle' far too often. All of these things are very sweet... if not for the fact that I've only been on TWO dates with each of them! I'm just not one of those girls that gets swept up in the moment... I'm a slow burn.

The flip side is- of course- that there is one man that I wish called more often, that I think about when he's not around, and that I'm always excited to hear from. Obviously, it's another banker (M & A), who works his cute Aussie butt off most nights & weekends. He flew overseas for the deal he's been put on, so it's rather important that he excels. It's sexy that he loves his job and his ambition is intoxicating. I just wish I got to see that raw ambition more than once a week. Of course, I wonder if I would still feel this way if he were more available. Am I just creating my own drama? Am I such a commitment-phobe that it's easier to want what I know I can't have rather than risk being in an actual relationship? I've tried to force it before; tell myself to stop being so neurotic and just fall-- but I am literally nauseated by sentiment. My heart twists and my breath shortens and I feel a clamoring need to Just. Get. Out.

Obviously, the only 'One' I'm meant for is... this town.

*scorpio*

No comments:

Post a Comment