About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Lesson



A great city friend once told me her horrifying tale of mixing one too many antidepressants with alcohol which ended with her blacking out on the subway (alone). When she came to, she was strapped to a hospital bed in Queens. I remember scolding her as she laughed about it.

I am following up on Scoripo's post below with my side of the story to hopefully pass the lesson along! I am so grateful that Scorpio was at my side in an empty bar with three strange men. The last thing I remember was feeling like I needed air and I was following Scorpio to the door. The next thing I knew I was in my apartment tucking myself into bed.....then flashing to Scoripo's face as she shook my leg while some man's arms were propping my head up from behind. At first I thought, I must be dreaming because I left the bar and was in bed at my apartment? Too bad the dream was the other way around. I woke up to the reality that my body just collapsed, in the blink of my own eye.

I have never fainted like that and it is terrifying when you realize how much control you just lost. We all hear horror stories of the many ways women are taken advantage of in an altered state, I was just lucky that I was in the right company Sunday night. The fear and confusion stayed with me throughout the night as I had no idea what I may have injured, my head, my back, my brain cells? I woke up to my leg grazing over the rosary I pulled into bed with me as I prayed not to die in my sleep. I know that sounds dramatic, but I think I was also in a paranoid state. I went to the doctor a few hours later just to be sure it was just a combo of dehydration and inhalation. Luckily, everything came back normal and my body forgave me. I walked around the rest of the day with 2 bloody bandaids over my weak veins, but other than that all is well.


(my view from the chair in the doctor's office)

I have learned a valuable lesson about just how quickly you can lose control and become a victim, even to yourself. I can still say I had a crazy fun New York night that I will remember forever. Scorpio and I gained a lot from that night in many ways.

*Aries*

No comments:

Post a Comment