About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Vanuatu



Mark wrote me almost as soon as I joined Match. I was a bit overwhelmed at the time and his email kind of slipped my mind. Last weekend, I was doing a hard edit of my potential dates, and his email popped up again. It was compelling enough for me to write him back - after all he said he'd love a woman who was great in a ballgown and on the remote island of Vanuatu (which until recently still had cannibals!) I mean, that's me in a nutshell... except for the whole people-eating part. He was in London for work so I carried on with my insane dating schedule.

He made the classic older-man mistake of leaving me a voicemail, which I didn't check for four days. I finally texted him back yesterday saying as much. He called me at the office and we chatted for a bit. He then said, "Listen, let's meet for lunch at Osteria al Doge in two hours." I paused for a minute... a spontaneous lunch? My schedule was a bit insane - I wouldn't be able to see him till mid-next week, earliest... and I was wearing my all-time favorite Dolce & Gabbana dress. I said yes.

Stats: Mark, 39, 6'1", Columbia & Harvard Law graduate, corporate lawyer, certified scuba diver, skier. Plus, he said the last book he read was Disgrace by JM Coetzee.

We met at 1pm outside of the restaurant. He was more handsome than his photo let on - in fact he kind of reminded me of a member of my family, which was reassuring. We ended up having a three-course lunch complete with a bottle of red. There was so much to say; he took an 80% pay cut after 9/11 to work for the State Dept. (He's since returned.) He's traveled to incredible places - and the remote island of Vanuatu is next on his list. By the end of the lunch, he had booked me for next Friday, invited me to see his new apartment, and essentially requested that I travel with him. The date went well, to say the least.

We had a rather chaste kiss outside of the restaurant (it was mid-day after all.) I kind of floated back to the office... although the wine may have had something to do with that!

Twenty minutes later, I was in our CEO's office working on a major project. Who says I can't do it all?

*scorpio*

No comments:

Post a Comment