About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Texts from Last Night

I was enjoying bottomless glasses of prosecco with Scorpio, to numb the pain, after strutting thru Soho in the aftermath of FNO. We were lucky to crawl into a tiny bar with a flirtatious bartender. I was just telling her about the 3 idiot ex-boy toys who contacted me over Labor Day weekend when this series of fumbling texts ensued....

(A brief back story.....we went on 3-4 dates....then he abruptly cancelled a dinner and didn't contact me for maybe a month. The he calls on Labor Day, the day after, and after no response, from me, sends these texts)

boy: Hiii

Aries: Hi, who is this?

boy: It's "idiot!" (to keep his identity a secret ;) )

boy: Wow didn't realize how far I'd fallen

boy: How r u?

Aries: Yeh, I guess you dropped the ball on that one. I deleted your number awhile ago. I'm great though...busy, but amazing Fashion's Night Out

boy: Ouch!

boy: Guess I deserve that my bad

boy: But u never got my msgs couple wks ago?

Aries: No, just the ones you are sending now...that's it

boy: No that's it??? I def called you on my way to the airport middle of Aug

***if I may interject here...this reminds me of when I hooked up with a guy in LA, (who was in a group of mutual friends I might add) and the next night he calls me for what I thought would be a date. I was waiting for the words "When can I see you again?" to spill from his lips. INSTEAD I hear, "I am on my way to the airport because I am moving to New York for six months, but I enjoyed last night." AGAIN WTF***

boy: Anyway no excuse, things got nutty at ofc, sorry for falling off the face of the earth

boy: I'd love the oppty to make it up to you Aries. I'm pretty sure I owe u dinner anyway....

Now some of you may be saying "that sounds like he is trying to be nice" and agreed to go to dinner. I have learned if a man doesn't see your value in the beginning, before he even gets to really know you, he will never see it. So I don't give second chances to people who do not respect me. Plus, it shows his level of interest to disappear and when they come back around late in the game, they will see my interest level disappeared right along with them.

*Aries*

No comments:

Post a Comment