About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Runway Madness

My company recently put one one of their runway shows for Fashion week. It was a totally amazing experience. At my previous companies, we've had shows... but I've either been backstage or not invited. So it was super-thrilling to be there with the editors and bloggers I so adore.

Like, Fashion Toast! Love her... Everyone was swarming around her. She's so inspiring.



The line for my company's show...

Final walk...can you spot The Bobbed One?


And of course, the most thrilling of all: Anna Wintour. I've seen her before (once, when I first moved here and I was walking alone on a cool night in the West Village and she walked right by me. Alone. It was surreal). Again, I saw her walk through the Vogue offices when I worked in PR. And of course, last year at Fashion's Night Out she walked into Prada in SoHo right after me. I've seen her at shows, and I've been to shows, but this is the first time I've been to a show that she's attended. It was one of those small I've-made-it moments... a little reassurance that I am, in fact, moving up.

Another of those moments happened at Fashion's Night Out. Aries aptly called it "a fashion dream realized" and I couldn't put it better myself.

*scorpio*

No comments:

Post a Comment