About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Ex Text

The Backstory: Jay is my ex , the one who got in the motocycle accident. After his accident, I visited him in the hospital. Then I would pop in every week and push him around the park. When he was out of the wheelchair, we would go to dinner or a movie, basically anything to keep his mind off of the pain of both losing his ability to walk and the physical pain he was still experiencing. This went on for about six months, until, inevitably, as is his habit, he was quite rude to me. I decided I didn't deserve that, and so I left. This was late November.

We still IM from time to time, and apparently he just returned from India where he bought me a little present to say thank you for taking care of him. He asked me to lunch on Monday so he could give it to me. I initally said sure, since I didn't really care and I like to stay friendly... but then I thought about it. In our convo, he called me lazy because I was hesitant to book it all the way from 7th to Lex to meet him on a workday when I don't even get a lunch break, told me to stop being dramatic when I made a silly joke, and brought up a time when I disappointed him as a girlfriend. Ewwww. I really don't need that energy in my life, and I'm not even sure why he thinks its appropriate to talk to me that way. Also, I have a boyfriend now, and I don't want him even getting the tiniest bit worried or insecure about an ex of mine.

I had to forward the exchange to my BFF because it was just too ridiculous...



OF COURSE now that I'm in a relationship, he's pouting. He had initally offered to mail it to me, but then when I suggested he do so he said, "I'm almost sorry I got it." This is so classic him. He's done/said some seriously cold things to me over the years (see: I want to love you but I can't). God forbid he says he's happy for me, even though I said that to him when he was dating someone after me. I'm just tired of the drama & I don't want to even remind myself that there are men out there like that when my boyfriend is SUCH a great, kind man. New chapter, hello.

*scorpio*

1 comment:

  1. If someone pulled half that shit on me, I can't, offhand, think of a way they would be let back into my life. You give him way too much credit.

    ReplyDelete