About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Last Day


Today marks the end of my fashion career. Tomorrow I'll be on a plane to Italy... and I won't have to wake up at 7 am and deal with rush hour for the next two years. I've paid every bill, saved enough money, bought everything I need, packed both intelligently and fashionably; there are literally no loose ends. It's a great feeling - but I don't feel it yet.

Perhaps it's because I'm still in the office, listening to the same late 2000's pop rock mix and huddling under a sweater. I remember the first time I worked in an office and I was horrified by particular aspects of the corporate culture - the break room jokes, the food talk, the "Happy Monday" greetings, the dress code. It felt a bit like death. Five years later, I engage in the same mindless chatter, and dutifully wear black when told. I even stopped getting manicures because our CEO requires pale polish - I'd rather go nude than wear baby pink. But no more... I can wear whatever I want, wake up whenever I want and go wherever I please. If I feel like I am done with my work at 2pm, I can stop instead of sitting around for four hours surfing the internet and blogging.

Incidentally, I'm done with my work. I just completed my exit interview and got my last check. My boss is out of the country on business......and, I've just decided to skip off early and go see Bad Teacher with my friend David.


Ahh, freedom. I finally feel it now.


*scorpio*

No comments:

Post a Comment