About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

If It's Good Enough for Mario...

Last night, after an stress-fueled run (you should've seen me pounding it out on that treadmill), I met Martin for our second date. We were originally supposed to go to Lair, but it was totally dead so we walked around the corner and picked between a few places. He was undecided so I said we should try this cute Italian place called Osteria Morini.

It was totally packed, but we managed to get a table near the front, as I was starving & didn't want to wait. He picked a great bottle of wine while I debated the many incredible options on the menu. Just as I'd decided on the tagliatelle with veal ragu, I looked up to see Mario Batali walk in for dinner with a group of friends! Wow. I had no idea I had accidentally picked a restaurant that great. I had to explain who he was to my date, who's English and a recent transplant.

We settled in with a bottle of wine and some antipasti and talked about our work ethics. It's so interesting to date men at the top of their game, I love hearing their perspectives on how they run their business and manage their employees. He talked about his need for control, and how he knows he's almost always right. Confidence is attractive, sure, and I played along. After all, I'm a bit of a control freak myself. A few times, when I was talking about my philosophy, he gave me this great look like he totally agreed and couldn't believe I'd said that. It was great to see him kind of loosen up a bit and not brag so much - during our first date he was quite the blowhard, at least for the first hour.

By any other standard, it was a great date. I, however, have been lucky enough to have some truly fantastic dates lately, and so I skipped home to text with Johan.

I'm seeing him tonight... can't wait!

*scorpio*

No comments:

Post a Comment