About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Need for Speed

This is my new gym, this morning


I was originally thrilled with finding a gym so close to my house that is not that expensive but still nice - until I started running on their treadmills. I run pretty fast, alternating between a 6 and 7 minute mile. Apparently the machine could not keep up with me. About halfway into my 6 min mile sprint, the TV screen FELL OFF of the treadmill. It didn't hit me, but it did break my stride. Undeterred, I quickly switched to another open machine and began to ramp up the speed. Just as I was reaching my pace, I noticed the machine was vacilating wildly between speeds of 10.0 and 7.0. I kept on running into the front of the machine whenever it would decide to slow for no reason. So frustrating!

Of course, I run downstairs to tell the front door guy that now two of the treadmills have failed. He basically barely looked at me and mumbled something. By the time I ran back up the stairs to try yet another machine, I could only do a few minutes. I was just too exhausted - and yet I felt like I had barely gotten my runner's high. I didn't even make it to the good Rihanna song on my playlist!

I tried to resurrect the morning with a little weight lifting:

Not nearly as fun


I have never had this happen to me before! The machines are built to go up to 10.0 at least - so I really hope it's not my speed. I love running fast. I get into the Zone where I'm breathing very evenly and lightly and barely sweating; it's the closest thing to flying I can imagine. And the satisfaction that comes with finishing a hard run is unbeatable. It makes me feel alive.

*scorpio*

1 comment:

  1. You evil woman broke two treadmills, LOL. You are the master. You have really great legs.

    ReplyDelete