About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Motivate


I want my ass to look like that of a Brazilian supermodel.....

SO I couldn't ignore my second snooze alarm at 6:15am this morning. I thought about sleeping in, but realized if I want my body to change I have to get up! I literally ran to reserve a bike in spin class. Scorpio motivated me to try spin class again, so this morning I found myself half awake and fumbling to adjust a stationary bike. I think it has been over a year since my first spin class and I could feel it! At first, I thought I was being tortured with "hills" and "jumps". Then I thought of my goal, an amazing ass, and I regained my focus and began to push myself. I have a new appreciation for spin because it forces you to reach deep within and challenge yourself physically and mentally.

This concept made me think back to all of the goals I have accomplished, simply from putting myself out there and not saying "I can't". I have been featured on a TV show with a celebrity, featured in a fashion magazine, walked a runway, published as a photographer, a public forum poet, world traveler, and I have lived in my goal cities (Los Angeles, New York). It doesn't have to be something major. I also feel inspired when I make it through 3 miles on the treadmill at 7.0 vs 6.0. You have to think back to the book The Little Engine That Could when we first heard "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can".

I have learned there is really nothing that you can't do in life, as long as you think you can. I am not trying to sound like The Secret! I just want to give our readers some motivation. There are so many things that can bring us down or make us feel stuck in a routine. I can remember reading a common saying that there are roadblocks in life to see who is determined enough to push through them.

Scorpio and I were talking about our anticipated life shifts this year that we have worked very hard for. I am sure we all know people who sit and complain about everything, but never motivate themselves to change. So this spring/summer, I challenge our readers to think about something you want and go for it!!

*Aries*

No comments:

Post a Comment