About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

First Tracks!


NYE at Vail Village


Our place last year in Aspen


Relaxing by the fire with a hot toddy


For the past three weeks I have been in self-imposed seclusion prepping for the GRE. My days and nights are filled with vocab flashcards and math drills. I dream in data. My family's become accustomed to me answering the phone with, "Help me with the Quadratic equation" or "Obliquy is to opprobrium as vituperitive is to polemic?" (It's not). Suffice to say, it's pretty unbearable.

So imagine my surprise when I opened my inbox today to see a note from an old friend inviting me to Aspen with him over the break. Conveniently, it falls just a few days after I'm scheduled to do battle with the GRE... and I cannot think of a better way to celebrate. Last year, we took this incredible mogul course and I've been reminiscing ever since. (See photos above - unfortunately I'm one of those people who always forgets to snap pics while on the snow - I'm too busy having fun!) We had the perfect sunny weather and it was early enough in the season that the mountains were ours for the taking.

Though my office has been adding holiday tracks to our playlist for weeks now, to me, it doesn't feel like holiday season until I'm on the lift. Christmas can't come soon enough!

Happy Holidays, all!

*scorpio*

No comments:

Post a Comment