About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving to all of our readers who are celebrating!

I am thankful for so many things and yet feel the winter blues creeping up on me. I know when a quiet night in with pecan pie and an old movie becomes more appealing than a champagne filled party at the Boom Boom Room! Lately, I have been feeling WAY too domestic! My long days have somehow become filled with longer work days, followed by Christmas shopping, eating sugary carbs, reading, and financial planning?? After overeating for 3 days straight, I need to kick my fabulous single ass into gear! Runs on along the Westside Highway are now a distant memory. My gym membership needs to see a lot more activity before I am start to resemble the Pillsbury Doughboy balloon in the Macy's Day Parade. The idea of squeezing into a sexy cocktail dress seems impractical and awful. I begin to like my hibernation chamber and have no desire to flirt, dance, wear makeup, or layer my armor against the rapidly dropping northern temperatures. Even cocktails and sex have lost their appeal.



I have too much on my calendar to fall into this grey period of winter blues. Even though I was strolling through the streets of Rome at this time last year, I am happy to have been able to enjoy this holiday in the city. So I will give thanks, plan new workout goals, reconnect to my social life, and return to the life of a knockout blonde!

*Aries*

No comments:

Post a Comment