About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Friday, January 28, 2011

On Caipirinhas & Chemistry

Last night was the season premiere of Archer, my all time favorite (scratch that, only) adult cartoon. And yet, I sacrificed watching it to go out on my third date with Johan. Totally worth it.

We met at a Brazilian restaurant called Berimbau in my neighboorhood. I heard they had great caipirinhas, and I wanted a quiet place where we could hang out and not feel rushed. It was perfect really, because we were one of three couples in there.

Every time I see him, I am surprised to see how cute he is. That doesn't mean he's not handsome (he is!), but his mannerisms and personality just make him really ... adorable? Endearing? I'm hunting for a non-emasculating word here, and falling short. Anyway, we spent the first two hours laughing and trading witty quips. We spent the next hour talking about healthcare reform and our educational system, and the differences between them in Sweden & America. The last hour of our four-hour dinner was spent discussing our ideal last meal if we were on death row, our favorite movie, and golf. I say 'our' because (again!) we like the exact same things for the exact same reasons.

At one point, he leaned over the table and said, "You know, it would be so much fun to read the NY Times with you and discuss it. I really like hearing your perspective." If you know me at all, you know I have been dying to hear those words since my first relationship. Instead, I usually got, "You think too much." Cue: death rattle.

We hopped through the snow to Vbar for a glass of wine and more intimate conversation. We entwined our legs at a table in the back and Googled our signs to see if we were compatible. Turns out, Cancer & Scorpio are like, the perfect match. We're supposed to compliment each other's weaknesses quite well. I'm not gonna lie, it's kind of awkward to be reading about your sign's awesome compatibility while on a date; I definitely blushed, and we were both smiling as we pointed to traits we thought we embodied.

He finally put his hands on my legs (first time, ever!) and kissed me right there in the bar. We were leaning so close to each other, we were practically cheek to cheek. He whispered that I smelled amazing... and his scent was so intoxicating it was hard to not get lost in his neck. I could just feel the heat between us, and yet we only kissed briefly once or twice. It was kind of torture, but also kind of great to just enjoy those exquisite moments of being so close, and... wanting.

*scorpio*

No comments:

Post a Comment