About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Slow & Steady

I met Johan for our second date (see last Thursday's freaking awesome make-me-smile-on-the-subway date). We hit an Irish pub in his neighborhood (incidentally TWO blocks from my ex's place).

He's cuter than I remember and I am just so drawn to him. Still, I have to remember he's a bit damaged because of his recent divorce. We ended up talking for six hours (again!) about some incredible things. He's so funny but also really soulful-- at one point he told a story that made us both tear up. And I made him laugh out loud a few times, which he said is pretty rare. He was like, "You're really funny." I liked that, a lot.

He had mentioned last time that he had "trust issues"... so I followed up on that. He said that he basically doesn't believe that relationships can work out. (I'm actually the exact same way: does not bode well). Still, he got married, so at one point he must've gotten over it. I need to find out more about this before I throw my entire heart at him.

He asked me about my ex, again. I was still cagey. It's almost like, I spent two goddamn years talking about him, I really don't want to anymore. But I guess we'll have to trade stories eventually.

He's definitely deeper than the others - I asked him why he didn't kiss me the first date. He said he actually usually moves really fast but he didn't want to with me. (Which is KILLING me by the way - but also totally sweet). We finally left the bar at 4 AM and he walked me to a cab. We kissed again, a little bit longer than the first kiss but he still left me wanting more.

As I was getting in the cab, he asked to see me again this week. I said, "I'm quite busy this week but next week for sure!" (The bonus of dating so many guys, you don't have to play hard to get, you just ARE).

When I got home, he texted me. "Had a really good time, I'd love to see you again this week if possible." I liked his persistance... so I quick checked my schedule and moved some things around (including double-booking Wednesday night, not sure how that's going to work). We settled on Thursday.

I'm excited!

*scorpio*

No comments:

Post a Comment