About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

S.O.B



Did anyone else scoff at Kenneth Moreno's testimony?? I felt like I was reading a bad Lifetime movie script when he explained his "relationship" with his victim. He described his actions as if he was the hero who held her hair as she puked, held her hand as she cried, and resisted her very physical and sexual advances. He even claimed to cuddle with her and sing "Living on a Prayer" to comfort her!?

I have a hard time believing that a woman who was so intoxicated that a New York City cab driver called the cops just to get her out of his cab, was begging a police officer to be her boyfriend (he said it...not me). I have been intoxicated (or poisoned) to the point I couldn't walk out of a club bathroom. I was in there vomiting for hours until a girl who I happened to know found me. I was disoriented, sick, and unable to walk on my own. If this survivor was anywhere in the realm of the same state I was, there is just no physical way she would have been doing anything that he described. This is exactly what the survivor claims in her testimony:

“I woke up to being penetrated from behind,” she said.
The woman said she was helpless and could not cry out for help.
“I was so intoxicated, I was dead weight. I couldn’t move, or do, or say anything,” she said.

I feel terrible for the survivor, but Kenneth's story had to sound just as ridiculous to her as I hope it did to the jury.

"Rape Cop" Lawyer: My Client Is Dumb, But Not That Dumb"

Really.....I beg to differ.

*Aries*

No comments:

Post a Comment