About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Donzo

I had been talking to this Italian on IM for the past week. His picture was only of his profile, but it looked promising. We made each other laugh and worked in the same industry. I reluctantly made plans to go out with him instead of watching the Jets game at a local bar.

The night was not off to a good start because I started to feel horribly sick. I dragged myself out of bed and started the long cold walk to West 8th street. I was just passing the new sports bar on Charles, when two of the hottest guys I have seen to date in New York City got out of a cab and walked into the bar. My initial reaction was to ditch the date, but I just kept walking.

When he showed up he looked at least 10 years older than his profile. He was also not 6'0 and very skinny. I instantly knew it wasn't going to go anywhere, but thought I would at least have a nice time talking about Italy. After two drinks I was ready to go. When the check came, he immediately reached for it and took it up to the bar. The waitress came back and said the card was not working. He fumbled through his wallet and handed her another card. She came back and said that card was not working, but she was going to try a different machine. On her third approach she said the card was just not working. My date is suddenly typing slowly into his Blackberry. I asked him what he was doing and when he answered "trying to transfer money into a different account" I grabbed my purse and paid the bill in cash.

We walked outside and he put his arm around me and started to walk me to another restaurant for dinner. In my head I thought his move was tacky and I wasn't about to go to another place to pay the bill. I told him I was going home and jumped into the nearest cab. I am glad that I did because I have been sick with the flu ever since!

I should have followed the other American boys into Charles to watch a good ole game of American football.

*Aries*



No comments:

Post a Comment