About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Poet


Part of my Italian discovery was that you never know what a moment will bring. I met this man two years ago by chance. I was with another man, who flew me to Rome for Thanksgiving, and the Poet was drunk with a group of his friends. They approached us and I took a few pictures of him and his friends goofing around. I took his email to send the pictures to him and that was it. When I returned to the States I emailed the pictures to him on Facebook and we maybe spoke three more times, at most.

A few days ago, I found myself meeting him for a drink two years later. It was a wonderful surprise that we had a connection of the mind and soul that reached deeper than anyone I have met in 29 years. He is a poet, writer, and romantic at heart. I woke up this morning to a lovely email that ended with the line below:

"....i just hope to know you better and try to swim under your surface again like yesterday..your complexity is very interesting and your eyes told me that behind your pretty aspect there is more than a beautiful woman, there is a wonderful abyss to find, a charming world to discover."


*Aries*

No comments:

Post a Comment