About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Sunday Funday

Sunday's date was Luke. He was actually a bit hard-to-get, he ended up disappearing for a week in the middle of our exchange, which left me a bit bummed. So I was happy to hear from him once he was back in town.

The Stats: 6'4", 30, writer for a cable show, rower, UWS, seriously fun. His tagline was, "Do you get invited to weddings because of what you can do on the dance floor? Are you so fun your friends whisper about your adventures? You're the girl for me" I mean, I'm not that fun, but I have been known to bust a move or two (and I've certainly had some adventures!) plus I liked the challenge.

When I got there, he stood up to greet me. I had worn low heels (having been burned on a few previous dates, ahem) and he disclosed that he was actually SIX SIX. Finally!

Turns out, he's also incredibly smart (that was my one concern with him). He went to Brown and we spent the first thirty minutes talking about Dali, Whitman and the environment. I stood up to go to the bathroom, and I could feel him checking me out. When I came back, he suggested we ditch Ditch Plains and head to a tequila bar. There he told me that he's been doing stand up for a while, and proceeded to unfurl his comic genius. I could not stop laughing.

We also talked about what was important to us - and I saw him looking at me intensely when I was briefing him on my parents divorce. He then leaned across the table, pulled me toward him and kissed me deeply. So hot. After a few margaritas, I found myself on his side of the table, leaning into his massive chest.

Around 1, he drove me home in his car, playing my all time favorite music (fastest way to my heart). While we were kissing in his car, he suggested we watch this movie we had been talking about at his place. I saw right through it, of course, but I was tempted. Feeling emboldened, I said yes and dashed upstairs to grab a change of clothes.

We arrived at his place and proceeded to make out intensely in his foyer. It was just at the point where I almost lose rationality, when I took a deep breath and slowly pushed him away a bit. I asked for the grand tour, which of course culminated in his bedroom.

Instead of tearing each other's clothes off, it was sweet and slow and deliberate. I felt like he was really looking at every part of me - he even mentioned my toenail polish! We basically just rolled around in our underwear and tortured each other. He even told me at one point that even if I had asked to have sex, he wouldn't have done it. I love that he wants to go slow (even though I did end up in bed on the first date!)

I barely slept through the night, of course. I never sleep well in a new bed. But he spooned me and covered every part of me, which is so rare and felt so good. In the morning we cuddled a bit before I absolutely had to leave.

Later that day, I Googled him. One of his stand-up acts talks about how now that he's 30, he's not going to do the 'dry humping' anymore. I laughed uproariously... obviously we're breaking all sorts of rules for each other.

*scorpio*

No comments:

Post a Comment