About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cope



Last night, I treated myself to a night of sparkling rose and an intimate acoustic show by Citizen Cope at City Winery. I cannot say enough good things about this venue! The musicians, staff, ambiance, wine, and food were all amazing! I joined a couple at a reserved table and realized I was on a date with myself. I looked around as the romance started to build with Citizen Cope's soulful songs. Men were rubbing their dates' backs, picking up the check, or kissing one another. Moments like these used to sting a little, but I smiled and text my friend "This night is so romantic I fell more in love with myself and sparkling rose".

As the show came to an end, I was still debating to see my fourth date of the 3 day week (I met an new guy in Bryant Park for a coffee earlier in the day)! The guy from my post a few days back "Toothbrush Terror" made plans to see me after the show. He was working late in the office and I was too impatient and tired to really wait around. He begged for me to come over, so I decided to get some affection and not waste my buzz. I didn't want to be that girl who sleeps with two guys back to back, so I told him I just wanted to sleep. We made out like a high school couple and he tried to get more, but I literally fell asleep...ooops :-) I feel like I am starting to date like a man, who doesn't need to settle down with one person, yet romances all of them. I have to say, it is quite fun.

My roomie text me in the morning concerned as she hadn't seen me since Sunday. I told her exactly what I have been up to and closed with "I love that I am walking down Christopher Street in all leather before 9am on a Wednesday morning". She responded "it's ok Christopher Street has seen worse things".



I spent the day half asleep, only to still be awake at 1:15am and I have to wake up at 4:30am to catch my flight for Los Angeles!

*Aries*

No comments:

Post a Comment