About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

"I'm Just A Girl"


All that I can think about is the Gwen Stephani song right now. I am raging on a whiskey buzz, a $200 sushi dinner that was mostly saketinis, and a bag of Easter candy. I just walked in after a string of nights that could go down as my biggest bombs of New York.

On Wednesday, I had a lovely dinner with my girlfriend at Sorella. It is a hidden gem on Allen Street, which I truly believe is the middle of nowhere New York. We had a great time and parted ways early after dancing against the frigid wind waiting for two taxis. I had the cab drop me off on the corner of my block. I stepped out of the cab and noticed two guys walking in the distance. I thought nothing of it and started walking the 10 yards to my apartment. There was a distinct sound like keys or change jingling in some one's pocket as they ran. I started to walk faster and looked behind me as I grabbed the door handle. The two guys, who were once 30 yards away, were now 5 feet from me. I quickly realized that I was in danger and that these guys had run to catch me. My quick glance signaled intense fear and anger, which they tried to ignore by pulling the hoods of their sweatshirts further over their faces. I ran inside, past the doorman, to a hiding spot by the elevators. I peered around the corner to make sure they didn't follow me inside. I stood in the elevator, beside myself as the reality of the situation sunk in. I am incredibly grateful that nothing horrible happened. It is a hard pill to swallow to know that you could have been a victim right outside of your home. This scary episode serves as a reminder that New Yorkers live in a massive city that does not guarantee your safety in any way.

Tonight, I went to another dinner with a close friend and ended up at a dive bar in the Flatiron area. Moments after we walked in an old guy offered us drinks. He works in finance, 46 years old, married with two young daughters, and currently lives in Brooklyn. He was at the bar with his best friend who was running for Mayor of Denver. I found myself in a deep argument with Mr. Mayor about teacher unions, when he started to become overly flirtatious. He kept telling me I was gorgeous and wouldn't mind having a sex scandal (really). I kept digging into his stupid flirting by asking about his wife and daughters. Sadly, mankind has not evolved from the horny caveman. My comments didn't even make him miss a beat. His friend brought up the fact that he had a hot assistant once that he regrets not fucking (in so many words). So I asked Mr. Mayor if he had ever crossed the line with any assistants. He shifted to about 2 inches from my face and said "No, but I can make arrangements if you are interested in working for me and having some fun".

I was stunned and disgusted by his aggressive bullshit. Yes, I am an attractive woman, but that doesn't give anyone the right to speak to me that way. It is a disgrace that a marriage and children don't factor into a man thinking with his penis. This obviously isn't the first time, but for some reason it was infuriating. His friend chimed in and said, "why are you hiding under all those layers? Take some off so we can see what you have under there." I shot him the look of death and grabbed my friend to leave. The Mr. Mayor tried to help me with my coat, but I snatched it and walked out.

I guess it's just politics baby.....

I woke up in a bed full of Easter candy wrappers and dragged my ass to work. I ended the day with more texts from Wolf...perfect.

*Aries*

No comments:

Post a Comment