About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Monday, March 21, 2011

O.M.Gyn


The problem with being in a new relationship is that you both have to get tested. This is a rather simple procedure for a man, I believe it involves urinating in a cup (tough) and getting a finger pricked. They suffer so much, these guys.

For a woman, it's an hour long process, involving stirrups and scraping. Yay. I dutifully made my way to my new gyno this week like the good girlfriend I am. My new doc is a man - it just makes more sense for a guy to be down there poking about, you know?

Before we got started, he sat me down and we had a chat about my history, concerns, etc. I loved that he did this while I was still fully dressed - most of the time in New York you're lucky if they ask you your name; they're in and out in ten minutes flat.

Then came the hard questions - lobbed so casually at me. "How many partners have you had in the past six months?"

Now I've gone on and on about how I've been so celibate and reserved this past year. But when thinking back over the past six months I realized what a freaking liar I was, even to myself!

I forgot about my fuck buddy (necessity!) and the New Year's glitch with my asshole ex. Adding in my new boyfriend, of course...EEK. That's a lot of dick.

So I did what any responsible 28 year old woman would do: I lied.

Yep, I guess I'm not as enlightened a feminist as I pretend to be. Any single, good looking Manhattan man with a passable amount of game has had more partners than that in one month, and yet I still felt ashamed by my sexual forays.

After all, I have a few friends who have had that many partners in their lifetime!

(they're all married, of course.)

*scorpio*

1 comment:

  1. Three in six months is not that many for a woman who was single in most of that time. And really, not every dude is sleeping around like that, I promise.

    ReplyDelete