About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Annoyingly Perfect


When I was in college, I had this frenemy who was dating someone from another school. Everytime she was asked about the relationship, she would -annoyingly- say, "It's perfect!" This used to irk me to no end, because I had no idea what a perfect relationship was. I assumed she was lying to herself and everyone else. I mean, no drunken fights? No jealousy? No clingyness?

I've been avoiding posting about my relationship with Jason because... (drumroll, please) it's Perfect. Sigh.

This weekend, he met my mother & her fiancee and it was lovely. The four of us had dinner at La Lanturna on Thursday. We sat in front of the fire and shared wine and stories. Jason was a little nervous, but totally impressive nonetheless. When the waitress informed me that they didn't have the Buffula that I was drooling over on the menu, I recoiled. My mom & her fiancee both said later that they knew they liked him when, while I was suffering through my disappointment, he put his hand on my back and gave me a reassuring rub. They liked that he noticed my mood but didn't cater to it. (Gotta say, they're right on that one, though I'd never admit it!)

On Sunday, we all had brunch with my brother and his girlfriend. It was the first time the original three (mom, me, bro) had dined with all of our significant others. For lack of a better word, it was significant. We relaxed at Freeman's for two hours, chatting and laughing until we cried.

See? Annoyingly perfect.

*scorpio*

No comments:

Post a Comment