About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Monday, April 4, 2011

99c Dreams


I was deep in my thoughts on the LIRR, as I watched the trees and small towns pass by. I was dreading the sight of Penn Station after a lovely wedding weekend on Long Island. The past week traveled at warp speed with my birthday, dinner dates, and 3 nights snuggled up to my new man. The weekend in his home town only showed me how much I could love this person. I realized this as my thoughts floated in the dizzy reflection of life passing by outside of the train. I was listening to a mix of strong love songs when my eyes locked on the neon letters "99c DREAMS". This was a typical dollar store littered in a poverty stricken town along the train tracks, but I found something so poetic about it.

I can't stop thinking about "99c Dreams". I am noticing that the late twenties seems to be a period of serious anguish and change. You reach a point when your life isn't satisfying enough, so you want to change everything. You can't be as impulsive as you were in your early twenties, because at this point it is not just a job, but a career. Love is not just a game, it starts to develop emotional strings that spin a web of added compromises and responsibilities. As a woman, deadlines begin to form for marriage, kids, and some sort of cookie cutter happiness that society burns into our brains from birth.

You realize there are big dreams and then all of these 99c Dreams, that you may let go of if the right job, partner, or opportunity appears before you. This can lead to regret or greatness and only your gut can guide you on how to move forward.

Thirty may not be so bad after all!

*Aries*

No comments:

Post a Comment