About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Absolut Friends


I went out with my Swedish friend last night, who happens to be a rep for Absolut Vodka... which means it's always an insane time. The last time I was out with her, I slept in and was two hours late to work. She's so much fun.

We got to talking about the differences in dating culture between Swedes and Americans. In Sweden, you go home with someone and then decide if you should see each other again. If you go out again, it's assumed you're exclusive. There's never really a discussion about it. There's no dating-multiple-people thing; although I do have some girlfriends that are the same way: one person at a time. I said to my friend, "But then how do you know what type of person he is? Isn't that just setting yourself up to get really hurt?" She looked at me, and laughed. I knew about her last breakup with a high profile club promoter friend of mine (the way she & I became friends). "YES! Of course!"
To each their own.

*scorpio*

No comments:

Post a Comment