About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Never Go In Against A Sicilian...



... when a date is on the line.

So my great luck was bound to run out sometime. That time happened to be 8 PM Thursday. I should've realized when he took his profile down immediately after asking me out (a week and a half prior) that something was up.

I got to Brinkley's about five minutes late. He said he was already there... but as I walked around I couldn't see the 6'1" quite handsome man who'd been making me laugh with his texts all week. I finally realized it was his twin (and by twin I mean the Arnold Schwartzenegger/Danny DeVito type). This guy was all Danny.

He was 5'8" on a good day, and about 30 lbs heavier than advertised. I was exhaused from my grueling dating schedule but managed to take a deep breath and steel myself for the longest hour of my life.

And then it got interesting. He mentioned he had a 44-year-old sister in Conneticut. I said, "Married, with kids?"

"Actually, she just got out of jail, for the fourth time. She's a pretty big time drug dealer."

I'll let that sink in for a moment.

It then became obvious during his retelling of the events that he was not so innocent himself. He taught me some facinating things: How to bury money in the yard so it doesn't rot (Hint: Lyme and dryer sheets) and how to transport goods across the US (UPS).

He also told me about a great weekend he'd just passed in Vegas at Rehab with his friends. They had a whole bag of X and a few strippers who went above & beyond the job requirement.

At that point I stiffled a yawn and said I had to get home. He asked if I wanted to wait for him to close out, and I said, "No, I really have to be going, but thank you."

The shocking thing is - he thinks it went well. He asked me out again.

RIDICULOUS.

*scorpio*

No comments:

Post a Comment