About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Douchery


Last night, I met a friend for dinner and dive bars. We made it to B Bar before losing all intrigue with the dive bar scene. I suggested we try our old stomping ground, the Bowery Hotel. We ended up getting our usual free drinks, may I suggest the delicious Regaldo Verde. Over the coarse of a few hours, we spoke to three different hipsters and smoked three Parliaments before we were drunk. I put her in a cab first because she lives in Brooklyn. As I was hailing a cab these three men from the hotel approached me and asked me to get a drink with them. I looked all of them in the eyes before saying, "you want one girl to go with three guys?" Before they could answer, one guy was basically ushering me across the street until we reached a staircase to a basement bar.

They all chimed, "One drink?"
I gave in and ordered a Jack on the rocks, which was the last thing I needed after wine and tequila.

Long story short, I spent the next hour in a deep conversation about marriage and cheating. The man who pushed me to have a drink was married, with two kids, and kept whispering to me that he would be having dinner with me tomorrow if he wasn't. Our conversation started out with the usual small talk about the kids names, etc. Then I asked him if he had ever cheated on his wife, which he readily admitted, followed by 'I am still a good husband". I was curious as to why he considered himself to be such a good husband when he was not faithful. He brought his older friend over who admitted he cheated on his wife of four years before they married so it didn't count. They stood in front of me saying it is part of life that I do not understand because I am not married and even quoted some Bible verse that apparently doesn't state cheating as a sin in marriage?

My argument was that in marriage cheating is black and white because you have vows, responsibilities, commitments. I was trying to tell him that my cheating on a boyfriend would have more areas of grey than him cheating on his wife. He let me in on the male perspective, which seems to separate the act of cheating from their normal lives and is therefore not an issue. He argued that he was a good father and provider and therefore cheating should not reflect on his character or define him as a husband. He had the nerve to tell me I must be jaded because I view cheating on a spouse as a bad thing. So I flipped the script and asked how he would feel if his wife cheated on him. He said that it would not be forgivable. Then I gave him a hypothetical question, if he walked into a bar and some girl came up to him and wanted to give him a blow job in the bathroom, would he do it. He leaned in and said "if that girl was a tall blonde and looked like you I would".

It gets worse... he looked me up and down and said "are you sure this is hypothetical because I do have to go to the bathroom right now (wink)". I looked at him as I do all assholes and said "that would never happen". At that, I said my goodbyes and exited the bar.

If I am jaded it is because every married man I know in New York cheats on their spouse. Maybe I am a hopeless romantic, but I would like a husband who has more dignity and respect than these city rats.

*Aries*

No comments:

Post a Comment