About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

This Skin


I was recently at a wedding with a few good friends when I said...."This Vodka is like....."
My good friend quickly echoed "Heaven to your soul?"

Before Scorpio and I switched to straight vodka, we had a candid catch up about our lives. We are both anxious for the season of change that is quickly heading our way. In the next 6 months, nothing will be the same in our lives. We are both traveling, moving, and shifting our career goals. The best way to calm our nerves seems to be Kettle One and conversation. My transition is not just physical, but mental. I joke about rapidly approaching an early 30 crisis, but the reality is I am shedding a layer of skin that has been dragged through my entire life. Maybe this is a typical metamorphisis for women in their thirties?

Italy brought childhood issues and personality flaws to the surface, but only because I was searching deep within myself for the past 6 months. I reached the point of being comfortable with whatever I discovered about myself and the next step of my life. Now it is almost like I am preparing to molt a 29 year old layer of myself in preparation for the new cells to breathe. I own all of my experiences because they have shaped the woman that I am, but they have not been easy. I am not going to pull a Paris Hilton and complain about my pampered life, because I am aware of the poverty and suffering that many people endure everyday. In a nutshell I have everything and I am incredibly lucky. It is funny that many people who are only missing one piece of the puzzle can only focus on that piece. I have to have faith that I will make the best decisions for my future before the New Year when I can look forward to life in my new skin.

*Aries*

*BEAUTIFUL artwork by Andrea Galluzzo*
http://www.andreagalluzzo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment