About Me

My photo
Two five-ten blondes fighting against the stereotype to find love, success, and a way to pay the rent. *** We're passionate about our seriously stressful careers in the apex of the luxury fashion world. (No, it's not like the Devil Wears Prada- our Devils only wear custom and pay for their anonymity.) *** We're on the search for the elusive 'great' guy (who must be intimidated because we can't find him anywhere). Being 5'10" and blonde is a double-edged sword. Our stories are fucking ridiculous. *** Fortunately and unfortunately for us, we share the same story as millions of women who have been violated: we are determined to make a difference in the lives of women who have seen too much. *** WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Man Child, aged 45 years.


After my fabulous Thursday night date with Johan, I did something a little bit bad... I went over to Stuart's place (the 45 year old playwright/banker). He's usually up late working and was thrilled to hear from me, so I grabbed a cab up to Chelsea at his behest.

I walked into his apartment expect to see an adult man's place. That was NOT what I found. His apartment was filled with books and papers - ok fine, he's a writer, that can be charming. We fell asleep after kissing for a while - I just wasn't ready to do anything else, and he was respectful. In the morning, I made the mistake of going to the bathroom... I will spare you the details, but suffice to say I felt as if I were in a frat house. In the harsh light of day, I noticed he also had clothes and underwear kind of lying around everywhere.

I am a neat person. I always have been. Even in college, my bed was made and my clothes were hung properly. I hate dirty dishes in the sink. I love my place to smell clean. I don't think these are weird things - after all, I am an adult woman! Every bone in my body was recoiling. I physically felt my interest level sink.

I realized, there is no way I can have a relationship with this person. He obviously didn't even tidy up after inviting me over. (Or, horror of horrors - he did!!)

I mulled over it for a day or so, after all, he was brilliant and interesting and charming... but I just imagined my life as his girlfriend, constantly picking up after him, never feeling comfortable in his home, and I realized it was a dealbreaker.

On top of that, he called me three times on Saturday. I hate that! Wait for me to call you back, ugh. My interest level sank lower, and I felt myself getting annoyed.

I called him back and met him out. I kindly explained to him that "the age difference is just too great" (which it is!). I feel like my honesty shouldn't extend to insulting his living space. It took a while - he definitely kind of pleaded with me. AWKWARD.

I finally leave and go meet my friends at a bar. Later that night I get a text from him: "Can we just be friends with really great benefits?"

Gross!! A 45 year old man wants a hook-up buddy? Obviously it's not only his cleaning habits that are juvenile.

*scorpio*

No comments:

Post a Comment